Today we show how we installed our recycled RV pallet wood flooring. It was quite the task but also an amazing learning experience. In our opinion, it has been the best part of our rv renovation so far!
Here are the steps we took get this project done:
1) We used a shop vac to clean up the dust and debris from the plywood subfloor
2) We used a staple gun to secure the foam underlayment to the subfloor.
3) We used wood glue and an air compressed nail gun (1 inch nails) to secure the pallet flooring together and also to the sub floor.
4) We used a wood filler to fill in any gaps, holes, or spaces in the flooring.
5) We sanded the floor twice. The first time we used 150 grit sandpaper and the second time we used 220 grit sandpaper.
6) We used a water based stain and a clear, non-toxic hard seal to put the final touch on the flooring.
7) We cut, stained, sealed, and installed ¾ inch quarter round throughout the RV.
Again, Thank you so much to Papa Justus, Nate, and Hickman High School for the amazing help in getting this project done.
Five ways to SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL!
→ Like, Comment, and Share our videos with family and friends
→ Give us a virtual tip through the blue “$ Support” button on our YouTube page
(All money will go towards helping us continue sharing our journey)
→ Shop through our amazon affiliate link: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=duetju20-20
(This is a FREE way to support us because we receive a small kickback for the purchases you make through our link)
→ Support us through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/duetjustus
(With this, you will become a Justus League VIP member and will get special perks and insights into our life on the road)
Your support means everything… THANK YOU!
Michael + Jenny Justus
Canon 70d (body only) → http://amzn.to/2ae3gkQ
Canon 18-135 STM lens → http://amzn.to/2eMf6Gs
Canon 10-18 wide angle STM lens → http://amzn.to/2eMcF6C
iPhone 6/6s wide angle/telephoto lenses → http://amzn.to/2eMfvIM
Shotgun mic → http://amzn.to/2ae3pVB
Windscreen → http://amzn.to/2ae4VGW
Tripod → http://amzn.to/2ae3Zmg
Monopod → http://amzn.to/2ae3sAN
Lighting kit → http://amzn.to/2dZW0fz
3-axis motorized gimbal → http://amzn.to/2dEIFs3